Motivational Quotes For Children
Looking Motivational Quotes For Children Here are some of our favorite quotes for Children about learning and life.
When we think about how Motivational Quotes For Children and students communicate, we often think about how they speak to adults and their peers. This post is focused on how young people speak to themselves, their internal dialogue.
Kids need to be equipped with positive self-talk just as much as anybody else. Of course, everyone has different obstacles and a different situation, but there are still many themes Motivational Quotes For Children that young people face. For example, some universal challenges that all students and kids face are:
Motivational Quotes For Children of all ages about success, life, and happiness
1.) “Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do.” – John Wooden
Sometimes we make things more complicated than they really are.
Sometimes we focus on all the wrong things.
Focus on what you can do, right now, where you are.
“I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.” – Natalie Portman
Miss Portman loves being a student. How many of you don’t like studying, or get tired of it from time to time? If you can look at learning as a beautiful thing that you are privileged to get, then you might enjoy your education more.
“Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts. ” – Albert Einstein
It was a “fact” once that man would never fly in the sky. The Wright brothers had big dreams that went beyond fact in their day and age. If you stay true to what you really want to do, then you will find ways to make it happen. Big dreams work on big magic.
“Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before. ” – Bonnie Blair
The only competition you should have is with yourself. When you go to bed tonight, look back on the day you had and see if you are proud of the way you showed up in every experience. If you are not, then work on being a better version of yourself tomorrow.
“Don’t just read the easy stuff. You may be entertained by it, but you will never grow from it.” – Jim Rohn
The easy stuff is fun and quick, it’s true. However, to expand the mind, you must push it to its limits just as you would a muscle. The hard stuff makes you think; it causes you to re-read over and over again until you understand it. Challenge yourself every so often.
“In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Many times bad things happen because no one is willing to do anything about stopping them. You might not even be able to stop something bad from happening by doing the right thing, but that you tried is enough. It could even inspire or comfort another person that you stepped up to do the right thing.
“Nothing is particularly hard if you break it down into small jobs.” – Henry Ford
This advice works with anything in life. Take anything difficult and break it into a few pieces. Then take those pieces and add tasks to them that will help you complete each piece. Check off your progress as you go. Before you know it, your hard thing has been accomplished!
“Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.” – Sophia Loren
If you lived your life never making any mistakes, then how much will you have really learned? Making mistakes is essential to success because instead of just knowing what not to do, the lesson is burned into your brain because you experienced it. Mistakes are valuable.
Motivational Quotes For Children That Help Build Positive Relationships
There are many Motivational Quotes For Children that can stimulate a child’s understanding of sociability. When parents and teachers use these quotes to engage children in conversations about their feelings, physical sensations, and mental states, kids can better articulate them to others. Kids begin to develop skills that help them think through reactions and improve adaptability and self-confidence. Children see that sociability can lead to camaraderie, cooperation, fairness, humility, and many other internal strengths that enrich their lives.
This article is the third of a nine-part series on how adults can promote learning and development using inspiring quotes for kids. You may wish to read the introductory article to learn how the collection of 200 quotes are related to The Compass Advantage, a framework for positive youth development.
The following Motivational Quotes For Children are short, simple, and memorable. Children from elementary through high school will find meaning in these quotes appropriate to their level of development and understanding.
THE WEAK CAN NEVER FORGIVE. FORGIVENESS IS THE ATTRIBUTE OF THE STRONG.
IT’S OUR EMOTIONS AND IMPERFECTIONS THAT MAKE US HUMAN.
IF THEY DON’T LIKE YOU FOR BEING YOURSELF, BE YOURSELF EVEN MORE.
THE BEST THING TO HOLD ONTO IN LIFE IS EACH OTHER.
EMOTIONAL SELF-CONTROL — DELAYING GRATIFICATION AND STIFLING IMPULSIVENESS—UNDERLIES ACCOMPLISHMENT OF EVERY SORT.
EVERYONE WANTS TO RIDE WITH YOU IN THE LIMO, BUT WHAT YOU WANT IS SOMEONE WHO WILL TAKE THE BUS WITH YOU WHEN THE LIMO BREAKS DOWN.
WHEN AWARENESS IS BROUGHT TO AN EMOTION, POWER IS BROUGHT TO YOUR LIFE.
Tara Meyer Robson
EXPERIENCE IS NOT WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU — IT’S HOW YOU INTERPRET WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU.
FORGIVENESS DOES NOT CHANGE THE PAST, BUT IT DOES ENLARGE THE FUTURE.
ANY PERSON CAPABLE OF ANGERING YOU BECOMES YOUR MASTER.
TENDERNESS AND KINDNESS ARE NOT SIGNS OF WEAKNESS AND DESPAIR, BUT MANIFESTATIONS OF STRENGTH AND RESOLUTION.
THERE IS NOTHING INTELLIGENT ABOUT NOT STANDING UP FOR YOURSELF. YOU MAY NOT WIN EVERY BATTLE. HOWEVER, EVERYONE WILL AT LEAST KNOW WHAT YOU STOOD FOR—YOU.
Shannon L. Alder
THE GLORY OF FRIENDSHIP IS NOT THE OUTSTRETCHED HAND, NOR THE KINDLY SMILE, NOR THE JOY OF COMPANIONSHIP; IT IS THE SPIRITUAL INSPIRATION THAT COMES TO ONE WHEN YOU DISCOVER THAT SOMEONE ELSE BELIEVES IN YOU AND IS WILLING TO TRUST YOU WITH A FRIENDSHIP.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
CREATE BOUNDARIES. HONOR YOUR LIMITS. SAY NO. TAKE A BREAK. LET GO. STAY GROUNDED. NURTURE YOUR BODY. LOVE YOUR VULNERABILITY.
More Motivational Quotes For Children:
- Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.
~ William Arthur WardDo what you can, with what you have, where you are.
~ Theodore Roosevelt
It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.
Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
~ Thomas Edison
- Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.
~ H. Jackson Brown, Jr.Don’t let life discourage you; everyone who got where he is had to begin where he was.
~ Richard L. Evans
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain
- When you choose your friends, don’t be short-changed by choosing personality over character.
~ W. Somerset MaughamAlways make the best of the best, and never make bad worse.
~ Earl of Chesterfield
Remember, happiness doesn’t depend upon who you are or what you have; it depends solely upon what you think.
~ Dale Carnegie
Use what talents you possess; The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
~ Henry Van Dyke”It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Frederick Douglass
Making A Difference |
- Kids are kids the world around. No matter what, if you give them a soccer ball, a deck of cards, or anything, and if you close your eyes, you would never know where you were from the sound of it. Motivational Quotes For Children It’s just incredible to hear them laughing. I know that what I’m getting is far more than anything I possibly can give them. Fay Deavignon
Motivational Poems |
- “Indeed, the world children are being born into now is in many ways enormously different from the era in which we were raising our children.” Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn, Everyday Blessings Motivational Quotes For Children
Quotes about Change |
- Often mothers and fathers hesitate to be too involved, not wanting to be seen as clamoring or insistent – as stereotypical sports parents. It is a difficult thing to balance: coaches may know a sport, but they are rarely the best judges of what is best for a child. Michael Sokolove, Warrior Girls
Sports Quotes |
- The most valuable gift that you can give your children is not money; it is the ability to think positively. The money will soon be gone, but the ability to think positively will go on to help your children be a success throughout their lives. Mary Kay
- Parents with their words, attitudes, and actions possess the ability to bless or curse the identities of their children.” Craig Hill, The Power of a Parent’s Blessing
“I understood once I held a baby in my arms, why some people… keep having them.” Spalding Gray
Funny Quotes about Life |
- “And, most importantly, I know that we need to directly teach our children the most vital lessons, rather than assume that they’ll be understood.” Galit Breen, Kindness Wins
- We are children of a large family, and must learn, as such children do, not to expect that our little hurts will be made much of – to be content with little nurture and caressing, and help each other the more. George Eliot
Quote of the Day |
- “In the best of all possible worlds, parents and guardians love their children, unconditionally. They accept their children with all their imperfections, flaws, quirks and challenges, because real love never has to be earned; it’s given freely by those who are able to love.” Marcia Sirota, Be Kind, Not Nice
- “It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.” Ann Landers
- “We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”American Proverb
- “We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our children.”American Proverb
- First we are children to our parents, then parents to our children, then parents to our parents, then children to our children. Milton Greenblatt
Funny Inspirational Quotes |
- “Sensible children bring joy to their father; foolish children despise their mother.”Proverbs 15:20 (NLT)
- “The greatest gift that parents can give to their children is to let them see how much their parents love each other.” Marko Petkovic, 47 Little Love Boosters For a Happy Marriage
Words of Encouragement |
- “Children are gifts from the Lord. They are fruits of His labour, through acts of love in the bond of marriage.” Elijah Mcleon, New Light, New Life, New You!
- “Yes, Christmas is for children – except that children grow up to be adults who just might love Christmas as much as they did in their younger years.” Cherie Lowe, Keep the Happy in Your Holidays
- “As the child grows, the relationship becomes complex, with the mother taking on different roles in the child’s life, many times growing into a healthy adult relationship of mutual respect.” Sarah Goldberg, Manipulative People
33 Motivational Quotes For Children
1. “We know what we are but know not what we may be.” – Shakespeare
2. “What one can be one must be.” – Unknown
3. “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” – Edward Everett Hale
4. “Every action in our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.”– Edwin Hubbel Chapin
5. “Do a little more than you’re paid to. Give a little more than you have to. Try a little harder than you want to. Aim a little higher than you think possible, and give a lot of thanks to God for health, family, and friends.” – Art Linkletter
6. “We grow great by dreams.” – Motivational Quotes For Children
7. “I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.” – E.B. White
8. “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucious
9. “Life is a gift.” – Unknown
10th of 33 Motivational Quotes For Children
“Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires and a touch that never hearts.” – Charles Dickens
11. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
12. “To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.” – Emily Dickensen
13. “So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.” ― Dr. Seuss
14. “To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man’s life.” – T.S. Eliot
15. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
16. “Not only must we be good, but we must also be good for something.” – Henry David Thoreau
17. “May you live all the days of your life.” – Jonathan Swift
18. “Time’s fun when you’re eating flies.” – Kermit the Frog
19. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau
20. “Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale.” – Hans Christen Andersen
21st of 33 Motivational Quotes For Children
“Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucious
22. “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why we call it ‘The Present’.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
23. “You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.” – Irish Proverb
24. “You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” – Dr. Seuss
25. “The years teach much the days never know.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
26. “It’s good to have an end to journey toward, but it’s the journey that matters in the end.” – Ursula K. LeGuin
27. “To me every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle.” – Walt Whitman
28. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
29. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
30. “The time is always right to do what is right.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
31. “Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” – Dr. Seuss
32. “Climb ev’ry mountain, Ford ev’ry stream, Follow ev’ry rainbow, ‘Til you find your dream.” – Sound of Music
33. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” – Helen Keller